Tuesday, July 16, 2013

FAITH

TALK ON FAITH:
Do You Believe?
The Father’s Love Letter: (By Barry Adams)
The words you are about to experience are true. They will change your life if you let them. For they come from the very heart of God. He loves you and he is the father you have been looking for all your life this is his love letter to you:
My child you may not know me but I know everything about you. I know when you sit down and when you rise up. I am familiar with all your ways. (Ps. 139:1- 3). Even the very hair on head are numbered. (Mt. 10:30). You were made in my image. (Gen. 1:27). In me you live move and have your being. (Acts 17: 28). For you are my offspring. (Acts 17: 28). I knew you even before you were conceived. (Jeremiah 139:1) I chose you when I planned creation. (Eph 1:11-12). You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book. (Ps 139:15-16). I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live. (Acts 17:26). You are fearfully and wonderfully made. (Ps 139:14). I knit you together in your mother’s womb. (Ps 139:13) And brought you forth on the day you were born.  (Ps 71:6). I have been misrepresented by those who do not know me. (John 8:41-44). I am not distant and angry but I am the complete expression of love. (1John 4:17). It is my desire to lavish my love on you. Simply because you are my child and I am your father. (1John 3:1). I offer you more than your earthly father could. (Mat. 7:14). For I am the perfect father. (Mat.6:48). Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand. (Js 1:17) I am your provider and meet all your needs.  (Mat. 6:31-33). My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. (Jer. 29:11). Because I love you with an everlasting love.  (Jer. 31:3). My thoughts towards you are countless as sands on the seashore. (Ps. 139:17-18). I rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17). I will never stop doing good to you. (Jer. 32:40). You are my treasured possession. (Ex. 19:5). I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul. (Jer. 32:41). And I want to show you great and marvelous things. (Jer. 33:33) If you seek me with all your heart you will find me. (Deu. 4:29). Delight in me and I will give you the desire of your heart. (Ps. 37:4). For it is I who give you those desires. (Phil. 2:13).  I am able to do more for you than you can possible imagine. (Eph. 3:20). For I am your greatest encourager. (2 Thes. 2: 16-17) I am also the father who comforts in your troubles. (2Cor. 1: 3-4). When you are broken hearted I am close to you. (Ps. 34:18). As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart. (Is. 40:11). One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes. (Rev. 21:3-4). I will take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth. (Rev. 21:3-4). I am your father and I love you even as I loved my son Jesus. (Jn. 17:23). For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed. (Jn. 17:27). He is the exact representation of my being. (Heb. 1:3). He came to demonstrate that I am for you not against you. (Rom 8:31) And to tell you that I am not counting your sins. Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled. (2Cor. 5:18-19). His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you. (1Jn. 4:10). I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love. (Rom. 8:31-32). If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me. (1 Jn 2:23). And nothing will ever separate you from my love again. (Rom. 8:38-39). Come home and I will throw biggest party heaven has ever seen. (Luke 15:7). I have always been father and will always be father. (Eph.3:14-15). My question is… will you be my child?  (Jn. 1:12-13). I am waiting for you…. (Lk.15:11-32)
Love,  Your Dad,  Almighty God.

As we have just listened to the letter written by God the Father to us it is clear that God is our Father, he himself says so through the scriptures. Do we believe in him? Do we love him enough? He is always waiting for us are we ready to go to him? God created us with the hope that will respond to him in love and faith. Do we love Him?
Someone once said, “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” And keep in mind that, “there are a thousand ways of pleasing God but not one without faith.” What faith does to us is it enables us to see the invisible, believe the incredible, and receive the impossible. Faith works miracles.
We have just seen that Faith comes from God as a gift to us. The faith that comes to us from is very vital also in our day to day life. Our societies are founded on faith, hope and love. We are born as a result of faith and trust our parents put on each other…faith is what makes us human beings. Faith takes also forms like trust, hope, generosity, love, sincerity etc.,  Imagine a society where: people don’t travel by any public vehicle (because you don’t believe that the bus driver will take you to the correct destination), don’t go out in open (because someone could attack you; everyone remaining in hiding in their homes) imagine people in a society not eating the food cooked by someone else (because who knows it could be poisoned), Friendship, family life and marriage in such a society would be unimaginable (because your friend, brother/sister/parents/children could turn out to be your enemy. And who would think of marriage because your future husband/wife could be a tyrant and a traitor?)
            To believe is to make a jump, to take a risk, when we believe we put ourselves in the realm of uncertainty. For instance to be able to say ‘I believe you’ is to be able to say I place myself at your disposal; I make myself defenseless in front of you. To hope is to say I don’t know… but I believe something good will happen. Miracles happen when you believe…. Life becomes meaningful only because we are able to believe in each other, hope in each other and love one another. Above all faith in God can work miracles in our lives. It was faith that healed the paralyzed, the deaf, the blind, the dumb, brought transformation to the sinners,… If you believe in Him he will work miracles in your lives…

By Nobin Narzary

No comments:

Post a Comment