Monday, January 16, 2012

The Irrepayable Debt


THE IRREPAYABLE DEBT
By Narzary Nobin
            Parents are people who love and who love their children dearly. I personally have been fortunate to have experienced this love of my parents. (I use the word fortunate because not many people are fortunate to experience the love of their parents) Thanks to them who loved me even to the point of tolerating me when I did not deserve to be tolerated. I think only our parents have the magnanimity of love and patient tolerance that enable their children to grow. Thanks to our parents for that.
              Often people speak of giving back what one has received in an equal measure. Well, in some cases it is possible and in fact it’s the ideal thing to do. I personally like to repay the people whom I owe, and of course repay them equally/justly. But I believe life is not as simple as it appears to be. Life entails lot of complexities and paradoxes. And in this light there are certain experiences and good deeds that we enjoy that we are not able to repay sufficiently.  In the case of the love of my parents too it’s somewhat the same. Well, I should say that the most profound experiences in life are paradoxical.  In this little write up I would like to describe this feeling of not being able to repay what I have not only received but what I have experienced, as an “ir-repayable debt.” I think I owe my parents an” ir-repayable debt.”  
            This statement or a phrase “irrepayable debt” sounds strange, in fact, this fact is quite strange in itself. This strange conclusion that I have arrived at, however, is not the result of a sudden insight that occurred to me, rather, it is the fruit of my reflection over my past experiences; with my loving parents and I consider it a great realization. Thank you my beloved parents for loving me and loving me magnanimously. I will never be able to repay the good you have done for me but will always try to immediate you. Thanks for everything, my beloved and loving parents.
           
HAMBAI ARW GWJWNTWNG…

No comments:

Post a Comment